November 5, 2019

cross stitching....

I learned to cross stitch in the early 90's, but life with 2 little ones didn't allow for much quiet time!  Lol

About a year and a half ago, my interest peaked again and i reeeeally wanted to learn to stitch on linen!  Yikes!  
These old eyes, a magnifier, readers, 2 lights later...and i am hooked!

Since it's Thanksgiving month, i thought i'd start with Tom Turkey.
He's completely stitched...but not sure how i'll finish him.

Blackbird Inn is my current project
             

                                    
sweet needle minder!


I started Flag Folk over a year ago...slow going on this one!

I had it framed a couple weeks ago and just love it!

I made this little bird twice...one for my dad, since he's always outside with the Robins and another for me...cuz i liked it so much!


Spring bunny was my second linen stitch....small projects are nice!

Last summer i jumped from linen to Aida cloth...deciding i would tea stain some and see what i thought.  Definitely easier to see those XX's!


Another bunny stitch using the tea stained Aida. 


Here's my very first linen stitch....oh my gosh!  What was i thinking!!!  I was not use to 'seeing those tiny xx's' ...and the long run on red stitches about did me in!

I'm off on a few places...but i'll never tell, and you'll never know!


And last but not least...my very first cross stitch project.  Small, on 14ct. Aida...so sweet.

Are you taking up cross stitch?  Been xxstitching forever?  
Like Linen or Aida?  I think i'll be sticking with Linen.

Take a look here at some beautiful Pinterest photos, with framed samplers!  It's all so motivating!!

Speaking of Pinterest...i posted this photo a couple weeks ago of Renee Nanneman's Cotton Daisies quilt...it has almost 200k impressions!  Oh my goodness!

Looking for the Cotton Daisies pattern?  You'll find it on Etsy!
And Follow along on Pinterest too!

Thanks for stopping by!
Learn, Share, Quilt!
~karen

2 comments:

  1. I too use to cross-stitch years ago. A few years ago I picked it up again for a change of pace from knitting & quilting. Loving it all over again. (I mostly stitch on linen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I began cross stitching in the late 1980's but was also picking up interest in quilt making. Aida cloth was preferred till I did a couple on linen! Love those, but decided I needed to make up my mind of which I would do. Decided quilt making was more useful. Still have LOTS of cross stitch books and patterns though. I thought I might use them as inspiration for quilts. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...