January 14, 2019

Welcoming in a New Year!

Does this get you in the mood to Farm, or what?!!

This absolutely Breathtaking version of the 1920's Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt was created by April Buttner of Coquitlam, British Columbia.

Following the original setting (on point) version in the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt book, April added an inner border and an 8" outer border to allow for her appliqued Farmer's Wife Magazine covers and a floral design in each corner.  

When April was all done with that...she machine quilted her entire quilt on her domestic!                     

I'm in awe!!


October 2018, April entered her Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt into the Blue Mountain Quilt Show and took home The Ribbons! 
Including Best in Show!
Congratulations April!!!!

Even the label...love!

At the beginning of my Farmer's Wife Facebook presence in January 2014, i thought it would be fun for those interested, to create collages of each class.  This is April's Class One Collage.

and her combination of all 12 classes.


Here's my Class One collage...what a difference color choices can make!
Collages were made using PicMonkey.


More inspiration...April's 'farm stack'.


And a small sampling of my 'farm stack'.


This year...I am stepping back into the classroom teaching a new group of Farmers!  



Wanna Join Me?
 photo from the Smithsonian.com

I have not taught this in 4 years!! ahhh!!  Wish those farmer's luck! Lol!

I'm excited what teaching will bring to my Farmer's Wife Facebook group...some videos, sharing new blocks...and learning!  I always learn from others....it's the best part of teaching!

If you are interested in more Farmer's Wife Class information, join us on Facebook or read: Getting Started, All about the Farmer's Wife Revival Classes 

Are you in the Portland, Oregon area?  I'll be teaching at Aloha Sewing and Vacuum Center
Click on the highlighted link for class information.

To wrap up this post...

A little background on April.
She contacted me in 2014 and asked if she could facilitate a group of quilters interested in using my Farmer's Wife Quilt Classes.  Of course i agreed!
April actually ended up leading 2 farm groups and is a huge contributor to our Farmer's Wife Quilt Revival Facebook Group

April, I'd call you an over achiever, but that sounds like an insult when I admire your work.  You are following your passion not only to quilt, but to share your talent and inspire others.  I can't thank you enough or express how much you have added to my life!  Some day...some day, my friend...we will meet.

**All photos of April's quilt belong to April.  :)

Learn, Share, Quilt!
~karen

2 comments:

  1. I added my comment for this post with the previous post. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt with the farmers wife pictures is amazing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...