September 15, 2014

Around The World Blog Hop

A few weeks back my friend Bev asked if i'd like to play in the Around the World Blog Hop.  Sure!  It's a way to share blogs and hope you find someone new!
If you've not met Bev, she's a whimsical lady, full of bright colors and smiles.  She blogs almost daily showing off her recent accomplishments...she puts me to shame!!  I don't know how you get so much done Miss Bev!  And every block you piece is delicious!  Visit Bev's Around the World Blog post HERE


For the 'hop' i'm to answer a few questions....

1.  What am i working on?
I really don't like that question.  It gives me a headache to think of all my unfinished projects!!
Currently...and seems like always, The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt. 

I'm also working working on Winter Solstice By Country Threads...really cute quilt!  I love to applique!


2.  Why do i create what i do?
Heck if i know...i guess it's just something God put inside of me.
Or it's an illness...lol

3.  How does my creative process work?  I'm not sure 'how' but i know when!  In the middle of the night or in the shower.

4.  A bit about me...
I've been sewing since 13.  Pieced and tied my first quilt with my Grandma.  I made a whole ski outfit when i was 16.  What a beaut it was...and i in it!  
Red and white stripes!  oh my!

I started working part-time at a local quilt shop when my sons were in school, worked for fabric at Mainstreet Cloth and Mercantile.  If you have this addition of Quilt Sampler laying around...thumb through it, you'll see me! 

 Then came my longarm.




Then pattern designing



I also love working in wool...another passion.


To sum me up...there are never enough hours in the day!  People sometimes say 'work gets in the way'.  Not for me...making dinner gets in my way! 
 My poor husband. He's a good sport.


I'm inviting Rhonda and Jeri to play along in the Around the World Blog Hop...and their blog post will be up next Monday the 22nd.  I'll link to their blogs next week!  So stop back by and meet someone new!

5 comments:

  1. You are SO talented! Just waiting on your first book! SO glad we "met"! It's enriched my life and given me inspiration and happiness to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog and seeing all the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post and beautiful work , really enjoyed seeing your work .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading your post. Your work is just stunning. Thanks for sharing you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore those sheep and that wonderful rugged sunflower too!
    I enjoy your posts but then I follow by email already so have already seen your talent and like your sense of humour!
    : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...