March 4, 2013

Helpful Notions to Start your Week

Did you know.....
When cutting fabric for quilting, line the ruler measurement directly ON the fabric. Many of us place the ruler 'measurement line' just off the fabric which results in the loss of a thread or two. When piecing small complicated blocks such as The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt's 6-1/2" blocks, the loss of a thread or two when cutting each 'block piece' makes a world of difference in the end size =The finished block will be much smaller.

5 comments:

  1. Great tip! Are you all moved in at your new digs? I've been helping you move (in my mind).

    Cheery wave from Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. I with Bev...thanks for the tip!!!

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned that last yr after I don't know how many yrs of piecing and being disappointed in the final results. After doing it w these directions I was astonded!

    your pictures are EXCELLANT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic advice!! nice to 'see' you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thank you sew much for that tip. I have always wonderded what side of the line to go.

    Just in time for me to start my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...