This past summer i spent a couple days in Bend, Oregon with Carol and Ed. It was the first time i had met Carol and was sharing my love of quilts with her.
Carol brought out two quilts that have been boxed away for years.
Both had some issues, as all older quilts seen to have, so it was a challenge. I started with pressing first and then a bit of mending before i could load the Double Wedding Ring quilt onto my Gammill.
I also had to shop for backing and binding material and found a Kona Cotton very close to the green fabric used on the top.
I took a stay stitch around the entire quilt to secure all the seams
I picked a simple floral image for quilting. Because of stretching and extra fullness, i did not want to over quilt for fear of tucks. I have to admit, there are a couple.
I still have to bury some threads, sew on the binding and hand stitch the binding to the back.
This quilt measures 80"x104" I am very pleased with the results.
This is the second quilt.
I stitched around each block, then quilted free motion leaves with swirls in the sashing and border.
I had quite a bit of fullness in some of the sashing. That was a trick! But i was able to absorb most of the fullness successfully and it turned out great.
I wish i had a better picture of the quilting to show. Maybe my next post i will take a close up to show...and show the
Double Wedding Ring all finished!