June 15, 2010

Rug Hooked Bird Nest

Mason graduated from high school on Saturday and last night I hosted a dessert Grad party in his honor. I think there were about 70 people that floated in and out. It's amazing to me how many people touch our lives and have helped Pat and I raise our sons. To Bob and Traci who have opened their mountain home to us since the boys were little which created wonderful adventures for them. To my neighbors, Sue and Lynn...thank you for watching over Tucker and Mason constantly and allowing them to flit in and out of your home at their whim!! To our pastors and youth leaders...what a blessing you are! To Roger and Debbie, the parents of Mason's best friend since elementary school...wow! There are not enough words to thank the both of you!! The list goes on....and of course, all my relatives who have touched us daily with support and kindness...to Rachel, who tutored Mason during the summer before he entered high school....and on and on and on.....
Thank you all!!

Now onto my cozy nest...
I started this nest quite some time ago originally planned to cover a bench. But as time goes on and the unfinished project sits, plans change. I had this old footstool that I refinished and was in need of a new pad, so thought this would be great!







And here's my girlfriend, Robyn...she sits in the Dogwood tree outside my dining room window and we have great conversation everyday.

Week Twenty Four: June 14th-20th


1. Clean up from last night's party!!
2. Complete 2 quilts
3. Work on The Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks
4. My nephew's Connor and Severin in town staying the weekend with us

1 comment:

  1. That robin's egg cover is beautiful and really perks up that lovely footstool. I've never seen that sort of technique ... you are a very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...