March 1, 2010



Just finished up Christi's quilt for her sister-in-law who is going through cancer treatment.  Christi made this throw for her using Minky fabrics.  A soft brown paisley was used for the back and the top was a single piece of Minky Satin. Sometimes referred to as 'Minky Cuddle'.  I was surprised how easily it quilted... 
 For quilting, I used the pattern Heartstrings with a variegated thread called Victorian.  Turned out really nice. 


Here are two of the blocks I made from the Block of the Month class at The Primitive Thimble.  Finished block size: 6".  Each of those half square triangles measure 1" finished. Later this month I will post a method of how to achieve this accuracy.. and pictures of my other 4 blocks due next month.   



Here is the book the class is working from...I've also added a link to the authors blog   





Week Nine:  March 1st-7th
1.  Complete a queen size custom quilt...using techniques learned from Pam Clarke this past week
2.  Long extended weekend at the Beach with my mom and sister-in- laws!



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...