February 1, 2010

Well, January 2010 finished as the 3rd warmest January since records have been kept...but that does not keep me from dreaming of snow! When I was young, my parents bought a handful of ice skates so my brothers and I could enjoy skating on the pond....now a similar pair hang on my front door.
Finished up this Valentine quilt made by my neighbor, Sue. I stitched a feather design in the areas around the hearts in white and used a variegated pink and red thread inside the hearts, again using a feather design.



The quilt has an inner border of red and a final border using the same white fabric used around the hearts. Not the best picture but...I stitched loops and hearts in the final border again using the variegated pink and red thread.

Close up of the custom feather design. You can click on the photos to enlarge.
Week Five: February 1st-7th
1. Finish up Carol's quilt, quilt one or two more
2. Check out The Primitive Thimble in Vancouver, Wa.
3. Continue with Quick books...totally failed that goal last week!
4. I think that's enough for this week....!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...