October 29, 2018

Touch and Go

I don't even know what to say...
These vintage planes are made for a very special little boy in a very special way...i'll let Betty Williams tell you her story....

"My grandson, Peter Edward, is due on November 4, 2018, 1 week!!! I can’t wait to give him the Touch and Go quilt with each plane made from one of my late father’s shirts. My daughter encouraged me to save his shirts for a memory quilt, and this pattern was an easy choice. My son was very close to his Pops, so I know it’ll be treasured. I have to thank you for your clear instructions. I’m truly a beginner, but was able to follow along and create something I’m very proud to give to Peter."   
-Betty Williams


Doesn't that just give you good bumps?




Here's a close up of a block made by my 'test pilot' friend, Cheryl.

And the original quilt 


I love love love Betty's version... all those plaid planes!  Ahhh!

Find the Touch and Go pattern and read the tutorial 'piecing tiny pieces' for the propeller section.

Thank you Betty for your kind review!  
And My Best to your family in anticipation of Peter's arrival!

Learn, Share, Quilt!
~karen



2 comments:

  1. What an adorable pattern and such a sweet story. Thank you for sharing both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story along with a beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...