April 22, 2016

Tulip Crush Pillow With Binding

A simple single Tulip can brighten even a tiny corner of a room.
My previous blog post has a step by step pictorial for making a pillow with binding.  

I made the pillow form too.  This finished Tulip Crush pillow measures 3" x 6" and no way will find a pillow form that size! 


For the pillow form, I placed (2) 3-1/2" x 6-1/2" fabrics right sides together, stitched around using a 1/4" seam allowance.  I left an opening about 3" long to allow for stuffing the form with a packaged polyfil.  Once it was stuffed, i whip stitched the opening closed.  

Placed the pillow form inside the envelope pillow (envelope pillow tutorial on my previous post)

ezpz!!


Check out this great example of Tulip Crush made by friend Cindy!!!  

Would make the perfect 16"table topper!!!
I've now listed Tulip Crush Pillow pattern on CraftsyEtsy and also available on my blog  

I'm designing a larger version of this pattern too!  Using two different tulips...as seen in Cindy's quilt.  Her right tulip is a bit chunkier than the other two.  
Stay tuned for Monster tulips that measure 6" x 18"!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...